- The JKLF political and diplomatic activities and demonstrations held in various capitals of the world caused embarrassment to India;
- India wanted to give a bad name to the JKLF in the world by presenting it as a terrorist organisation, and tarnish our image;
- By hanging Maqbool Butt, India wanted to end fast growing popularity of our freedom struggle;
- By this action India wanted to damage relationship of Britain and Pakistan, because they deliberately fed wrong information to the media;
- The Indian government wanted to use this incident to topple the government of Farooq Abdullah.
‘In order to strengthen Plebiscite Front and to promote ideology of an independent Jammu and Kashmir on both sides of the divide, Plebiscite Front’s first President Abdul Khaliq Ansari Advocate sent Amanullah Khan and Sabir Ansari to Britain in 1977. As Plebiscite Front got stronger, conspiracies against it also started – first, name of the Plebiscite Front was changed in Britain to Liberation Front, which was part of the Plebiscite Front Europe Zone.
As JKLF got stronger in Britain, Amanullah Khan back stabbed the Kashmiri Movement by establishing branches of the JKLF in Azad Kashmir; and later on worked as an agent of agencies, and without ideological training used some young men and got Maqbool Butt martyred. Amanullah Khan acknowledged this fact in a public meeting held in Mirpur by saying that if this had not happened; Maqbool Butt would have died as unknown person in prison.
just moved by your emotions?
original death sentence certificate. Supreme Court had sent the case back to the High Court on this ground and we were sure that Butt Sahib would be saved from capital punishment.
murderer of Butt. I had met Shaheed Butt. He had showed his willingness to file this writ petition and he was suspicious about his people that they might hatch a conspiracy against him. He had said that he was being tried in another case, and until decision come in that, they could not hang him.