Monday 2 April 2012

Our struggle is for secular, democratic and independent Jammu and Kashmir, Dr Shabir Choudhry

Our struggle is for secular, democratic and independent Jammu and Kashmir, Dr Shabir Choudhry 02 April 2012

Dr Shabir Choudhry, Head of Diplomatic Committee of Kashmir National Party said, “We speak for fundamental rights of all people of former Princely State of Jammu and Kashmir; and we strongly believe that all citizens of Jammu and Kashmir must have equal rights and practise what they believe without any threat from extremists.”

KNP leader said, “Our struggle is not against any religion, any region or any tribe. Our struggle is for united and independent Jammu and Kashmir where followers of all religions can live in peace and harmony.”

He said, “There are powerful lobbies which are promoting religious hatred, regional rivalry and tribal conflicts to divide people of Jammu and Kashmir to weaken the movement for secular, democratic, united and independent Jammu and Kashmir.”

Dr Shabir Choudhry further said, “Some innocent people are, at times, influenced by these intrigues; but we must understand game plan of some agents of those who occupy us and like to see us divided in name of religion, region and tribes. We must get united and fight those who keep divide us and serve the interests of forces of occupation, extremism and hatred.”

KNP leader said, “What Yasin Malik said about me was totally wrong and unwarranted; and I had to retaliate and show his real face to the people. What I have produced about him is only a tine part of what I have in my arsenal; but on request of some sincere friends I have decided not to say anymore until I am attacked again.”

He said, “What I said about Yasin Malik is in my articles and statements and I take full responsibility of that, however, I have not said anything about Dr Fai. There was no need to say anything about him as; he had acknowledged what he did in name of the Kashmiri struggle. Dr Fai, despite what he has done and acknowledged, is a decent human being; and is among list of friends. I wish him all the best and hope that he will face difficult time with dignity and honour”. END

Dr Shabir Choudhry
Email: drshabirchoudhry@gmail.com
Tel: 0044 (0) 7790 9424 71
Web: www.k4kashmir.com blog: http://drshabirchoudhry.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments: